Effective Date: August 1st, 2020
Sharing your life story is a precious. We want to make sure you have a safe environment to do so. That is why we are fiercely protecting your privacy, while learning how to improve our services following this policy. If you are concerned about writing your life story in an online format we encourage you to use our prompts but write and edit on your own computer. If you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storyna is a trademark under Atlantic Ally Inc.. Atlantic Allied, Inc (“Storyna,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to describe how we may collect, use, and share information that you and others provide us through our website located at www.storyna.com (the “Site”).
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, email address, mailing address, credit/debit card information, job title, company name, and phone number. We may collect this information when you make a purchase, complete a form, or interact with our customer service chat feature. If you register an account with us, we may collect information associated with that account, such as a username and password and your life story. If you apply for a job through the Site, we will collect any information you provide in your application, including, but not limited to, educational background, employment history, and references. When entering any of our contests or prize drawings, you may provide information such as your name, email address, and mailing address. When you enter a contest or drawing, you are also included in our mailing list to receive notice of promotions, specials, and new additions to the Site. We may also receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information you have provided to us.
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, the following:
- To provide and process products and services you have requested, including to provide communications regarding your orders and newsletters to which you subscribe;
- To send notifications and winnings in relation to a contest or prize drawing;
- To send offers and advertising from us, our affiliates, or selected third parties;
- To provide and personalize our Site, services and other communications to you including updates, surveys, and other content;
- To screen transactions for fraudulent behavior;
- To operate and improve the Site and our business;
- To communicate with our Site visitors, including to respond to your inquiries;
- To comply with law and to maintain the security of our Site; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
If we have collected information through the Site that identifies you individually, we may share this personal information with other parties including:
- Affiliated companies;
- Service providers or agents that perform activities for us, including vendors used for analytics, marketing, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer relationship management, and Site operation;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or any other technical information, without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Storyna uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. We may share a unique identifier to your activity across devices with Google Universal Analytics to facilitate the service. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .You also may opt-out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking and video streaming tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email marketing or unsubscribe from our newsletter(s), you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message or newsletter.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising and data collection activities, please see the Digital Advertising & Analytics section above.
Updating Your Information
Users with registered accounts on our Site may use the “Account” link to review, change, or update contact information. For other users, you may request to review, change, or update your contact information by emailing us at email@example.com
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of updates.